Grants approved - June 2005
Number of grants: 8
1. Women’s Space, Niš
- CSD: 229.100,00
- Name of the project: “Second meeting of women’s-Roma network in Serbia”
- Project goal: activities for establishment of Roma women’s network, continuation of the initiative from December 2004; four-day meeting of activists joined this time by women from south Serbia.
2. Independent publishing agency RENDE
- CSD: 58.100,00
- Name of the project: “It seems I’ve disturbed you somehow, sirs.”
- Project goal: making a documentary film with father of Igor Dobričić, the guy who was brutally beaten on Gay Pride in Belgrade 2001 which was recorded by present TV cameras, talks about his impressions on that day and his attitude towards his son’s sexuality, interwoven with video material from Pride.
3. Alternative Circle, Kragujevac
- CSD: 42.000,00
- Name of the project : “Legal and psychosocial counseling for women victims of violence”
- Project goal: to sustain the on-going project.
4. Women’s Center Užice, Counseling for womne breast cancer survivors “Jefimija”
- CSD: 239.060,00
- Name of the project : “Support to the activities of The Counseling”
- Project goal: continuation of the long-lasting original program.
5. Lambda, center for promotion and improvement of LGBT human rigths, Niš
- CSD: 129.400,00
- Name of the project: “Celebrating Pride day Proud and Queer”
- Project goal: making connections of LGBT people from Niš and Kragujevac for creative expressions and public presentation of the works.
6. Association of Roma Women from Banat, Kikinda
- CSD: 205.200,00
- Name of the project : “Roma women and media III”
- Project goal: continuation of informing Roma women in Vojvodina in the area of human rights, on radio stations with the programs in Roma language.
7. Association of Roma Novi Bečej
- CSD: 245.980,00
- Name of the project : “Together against violence”
- Project goal: collecting facts of exposure of Roma women to domestic violence, insight in frequency of reporting and the reasons for not reporting and (non)demands of assistance in institutions.
8. Association Antropija
- CSD: 209.895,00
- Name of the project : “Monitoring and reporting on violence against women”
- Project goal: Monitoring and reporting on violence against women in Serbia through website STOPVAW and bulletin The VAW Monitor, within the project of Open Society Institute, Network Women’s Program and Minnesota Human Rights Institute.